THIEF! The Gutsy, True Story of an Ex-Con Artist

  • Stay tuned for THIEF! book signings, media interviews and other THIEF! events
  • Media Reviews posted periodically
  • Mobwriter comments on true crime events and books

THIEF! character, Vince Eli

Friday, July 11, 2008

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

This from Slick:

After hearing from a Dutch newspaper, I agreed to be interviewed by a woman reporter named Sanne Rooseboom (I think the name means flowering tree.) She read about Thief on the internet and that got her interested. When she got here, I met her at the Las Vegas airport.

"Where are you staying?" I asked.

She gave me a name I never heard of.

"OK...what's the address?"

"1400 Fremont St."

"Why there?" I asked.

"I didn't want to charge my newspaper too much."

When we got there, I looked at the place and said no way. Then I took her to the Union Plaza. She thanked me and thought I was a nice guy. My reasoning was that if they found her dead in that motel, the police would want to know who was the last person with her. As a convicted felon, I wouldn't stand a chance.

Slick

P.S. If you're not sure whether a motel or hotel is in a safe location, e-mail me, a 40-year Las Vegas resident, and I'll tell you. It's slickslv@embarqmail.com.

No comments: