THIEF! The Gutsy, True Story of an Ex-Con Artist

  • Stay tuned for THIEF! book signings, media interviews and other THIEF! events
  • Media Reviews posted periodically
  • Mobwriter comments on true crime events and books

THIEF! character, Vince Eli

Friday, January 19, 2007

A Different Way to Market Books

This really happened to me.

Yesterday I walked into a police sub-station armed with our THIEF business cards (that have a poker card pattern on one side) plus a couple of THIEF books. I politely but energetically asked the sergeant at the desk if maybe he was interested in reading a true story I'd written about the mob, prostitution and gambling? I gave him several of our cards. He seemed curious and asked to see the book. Intrigued by the blurbs and jacket copy, he called over a few of his co-workers. In the end, I sold 6 copies on the spot. Gave my e-mail address at their request in case others were interested.

It just goes to show what a little ingenuity can do to help sell your book! Try something new.

No comments: