- July 17—Catherine Pelonero, author of A True Account of a Public Murder and Its Private Consequences. Read more..
- July 24—Chris Cippolini, author of Lucky Luciano: Mysterious Tales of a Gangster Legend. Read more..
- July 31—Burl Barer*, author of Body Count, Fatal Beauty and other true crime books. Read more..
- August 7—Wendy Ruderman and Barbara Laker, authors of Busted: A Tale of Corruption and Betrayal in the City of Brotherly Love. Read more..
- August 14—Joseph Sales, author of Joey The Needle: The Man Who Would Be King of Steroids. Read more..
- August 21—Bob Deasy, author of Uncle Charlie: A Life Undercover with Killers, Kingpins, Bikers and Drug Lords, Command Appearance. Read more..
On the air since January 28, 2011, Crime Beat is a weekly hour-long radio program that airs every Thursday at 8 p.m. EST. Crime Beat presents fascinating topics that bring listeners closer to the dynamic underbelly of the world of crime. Guests have included ex-mobsters, undercover law enforcement agents, sports officials, informants, prisoners, drug dealers and investigative journalists, who have provided insights and fresh information about the world’s most fascinating subject: crime.
Crime Beat is currently averaging 160,000 listeners plus, from over 120 countries world-wide each week, and the figure is growing. All shows are archived for 24-7 listening. Crime Beat is hosted by award-winning crime writer and documentary producer Ron Chepesiuk (www.ronchepesiuk.com) and broadcast journalist and freelance writer Will Hryb.
Ronald Herd I1, the popular Internet radio host and regular listener of Crime Beat, said: "Crime Beat sounds like an organized crime greatest hits collection...I am loving it!" Tom Hart of Atlanta, Georgia, writes: “I am a BIG fan of your show and enjoy the variety of guests you have on your show. “Keep up the good work.” Carolyn Yarema of Toronto, Canada writes, "fabulous program guys' ... my husband Chi Chi and I never miss the show."
* Here's more info on Berl Barer, co-host of Crime Beat Radio. (Mobwriter was a feathured speaker several years ago)
- Born in Walla Walla, WA. Lived in Seattle, Las Vegas, and currently, L.A.
- About Me:
- Edgar Award winner and two-time Anthony Award nominee, I write mystery fiction, true crime, Tie-Ins for movies/TV, and make myself a general media nuisance. I currently live in the Greater Los Angeles area...in other words, the valley (Van Nuys) but LOVE Santa Monica and wish I could move back to the other side of the hill.
- I Am A:
- Books And Authors I Like:
- My nephews Lee and Tod Goldberg also write books, so they must be on the list.
Leslie Charteris, creator of THE SAINT -- anything he wrote is fine with me.
Jack Olsen -- good friend and mentor -- his "Last Man Standing" is one of the best books I've ever read.
- Movies And TV Shows I Like:
- I love movies
Crime Beat airs weekly every Thursday at 8 P.M. EST on the Artist First World Radio Network at artistfirst.com/crimebeat. To contact the Crime Beat radio program for interviews, e-mail email@example.com or call 803-366-5440.