THIEF! The Gutsy, True Story of an Ex-Con Artist

  • Stay tuned for THIEF! book signings, media interviews and other THIEF! events
  • Media Reviews posted periodically
  • Mobwriter comments on true crime events and books

THIEF! character, Vince Eli

Saturday, August 18, 2007

GOOD COP

This true story of Slick's just goes to show that if you live long enough, some things really do change.

Slick: A police car stopped me. In the past, that always meant there was gonna be some sort of trouble. This time the cop asked me, "Are you advertising to be a thief?"

No I'm not that stupid," I tell him and show him the book THIEF that I always carry with me. Don't you know, he buys it for the full retail price.

That's the first time I was stopped by the police where they paid me instead of the other way around. Here's the photo that made him wonder.

No comments: